Apr 8th 2019
The Vungalow: Meet Nic, Production Manager for Vungle Creative Labs
Welcome back to the Vungalow, a quiet little corner where we can have friendly one-on-ones with the people taking Vungle to the next level in mobile. Today we’re chatting with Nic, the Production Manager of our London-based creative team.
Hi Nic! Tell us what you do here at Vungle and what your typical day is like.
I’m the Production Manager for Vungle Creative Labs, which means I work with the designers, the demand team, and our clients. My day-to-day varies quite a bit, but usually you’ll find me doing the following:
- Leading our daily team standup — this is where we talk through our current projects and plan for the day ahead.
- Managing and assigning all creative requests on our various production project boards.
- Working with top advertisers to ensure they receive the dedicated creative support they value and require. We keep them up-to-date on testing, creative trends, and (naturally) the amazing creatives we design for them.
- Attending various meetings, mainly with demand team members or Gavin (our Global Head of Creative Labs) and Paolo (Production Team Lead), always with the objective of better meeting the needs of our advertisers and producing more engaging, high-performing creatives!
- Drinking tea.
- Laughing loudly.
What’s your favorite memory about working at Vungle?
When I started at Vungle in 2014, I was the Office Manager and there were only seven other people working in London. So I would have to say favorite memory is the day I officially moved into my creative role, because it makes me think of how much Vungle and I have grown.
What inspires you in the morning?
Walking into the office and seeing such a variety of different people not only working together but also forming the closest of friendships.
You’re hosting a dinner party and can invite any three guests (alive or deceased). Who are they?
- Robin Williams, because he seemed like the most wonderful, kind, and funny person, and his films featured heavily in my childhood.
- Sir David Attenborough, because I love animals and I love him. He is just the best human in existence and a national treasure to all of England.
- Doris Day, because I adore films — mainly musicals — from the 1950s, and she is my favorite actress. Her talent is immeasurable.
What’s on your desk?
I think it’s really important to personalize your desk, so I have quite a lot on mine.
- Cat figurines gifted to me by cute colleagues on their travels.
- A portrait of myself drawn by the amazingly talented Charlotte (Interactive Creative Designer).
- A Vungle three-year anniversary figurine belonging to Mike (Performance Optimization Lead, Supply) — he has mine.
- A photo of Gavin’s cat.
- A selection of plants.
- Photos of my boyfriend and my cat.
What’s your favorite movie?
I love, love, love watching movies, so it’s very hard for me to pick one favorite, but if I have to, I would say Moon.
You can only eat one thing for the rest of your life. What is it?
Pizza! I love it so much that I have a dedicated pizza Instagram account and a pizza tattoo!
Thanks for stopping by the Vungalow! We look forward to introducing another talented Vungler next time.