Vungle/Pocket Gamer Mobile Mixer





Thank you to everyone who made it out to the Vungle/Pocket Gamer Mixer last night! We were lucky enough to hear some gaming industry greats reflect on the successes and failures of 2013, as well as share some of their projections for the industry 2014. Our very own Ben Bear, Vungle’s VP of Sales and Business Development, spoke on the panel with some amazing gaming industry folks including Trip Hawkins, Founder/CEO of Electronic Arts, Michael Acton Smith, CEO of Mind Candy, Dan Morris, Global Lead of Mobile Gaming Partnerships at Facebook, Jason Harris, Director of Worldwide External Development at Electronic Arts, Deepika Bajaj, Associate Director of Mobile at Capcom, and Martine Paris, US Events Editor at Pocket Gamer. The event gave developers the opportunity to learn from the trials and errors of gaming legends, and leave with some valuable advice.

Ben shared some of his own tips to help mobile game developers become mobile gaming greats.

Ben’s Top Three Tips for Success in the Gaming Industry:

 

  1. Design your games with monetization in mind — it’s likely that only 5% of your user base will monetize with IAPs. Don’t let the other 95% go to waste. Design an ad strategy that will let you monetize your entire user base.
     

  2. Get your analytics in place before you launch so that you can measure LTVs by geo and understand the unit economics of your game.

     

  3. Test and iterate until you get to a point where you can buy users profitably, then scale like crazy!

Thanks for the advice, Ben! We hope to see you all at our next event!!


:


Vungle's marketing team members have experience in gaming monetization, performance marketing, brand advertising, mobile analytics, app development and SaaS. We're former attorneys, journalists, research analysts, financial advisors and product managers. We are committed to producing content that helps brands and publishers across all verticals and industries grow their mobile businesses.

Connect with Vungle: